Thursday, August 30, 2007

no tomorrow

I'm on my way to Torp airport and Florence. There are alot of reasons I shouldn't be on this flight bus right now, but I made it and I can guess why. Travel mercies. Somebody is watching out for me.

The first train which left from Aus to Oslo departed at 5:35 am. Torp airport(in SW Norway) suggested I ride the Torp express bus leaving Oslo at 6:00 am. Unfortunately, I arrived at 6:03, on the earliest means of public transportation possible. This meant I had to catch the next bus leaving the Oslo terminal at 6:25 am. Unfortunately, there are multiple Oslo bus terminals and I assumed it was the one directly outside the train station.

Fortunately for me, when you ask enough Norwegians, you find one who can answer you in English. A kind man with a broken nose told me that I should walk in a certain direction at which point I began to run. Neadless to say, "un shul"(excuse me- in Norwegian) began to profusely spill out of my lips as I bolted towards the bus terminal. Up and down stairs and escalators, through doorways and into buildings....I managed to be the last passenger to board the Torp Express!

"One round trip student ticket" I said, out of breath. I'm not quite sure what will happen at the airport once I arrive an hour before my flight departs, but I do know that I'm learning to trust God when circumstances are outside my control....and to run like there is no tomorrow.

No comments: