Tuesday, August 14, 2007

found

Your past present and future,
I’ve heard this all before.
But what does it have to do with this girl-
the one standing in front of me.
Can you be yourself?
Here?
Now?

What would it take
for you to snap out of this wonderland
Where no one can reach you?
You’ve become a lone soldier on a crusade.
But whose crusade?

Truth is good
To seek is to find
But when will you stop looking for yourself-
within yourself?
Or by what people see you to be?

We are found in HIM.

You know,

The one who seeks the lost

And comforts the broken hearted

His name is JESUS.

And He has found you-

So what are you waiting for?

Be found once again



I wrote this poem last December, but decided to post it now as I discovered it on my computer. I feel like life is a cycle of knowing who we are and then forgetting once again.

No comments: